Sunday, November 16, 2008

Just wanted to say ROLL TIDE ROLL!!

Here we are before the game tailgating! Mom served up some great chicken wings! That had to be why we won!!

"THE GAME"
Kevin and I had a rare opportunity to take a day off from regular life last Saturday and go to the Bama/LSU game! You should have seen Kevin's face when my mom called and asked (why did she even ask...lol) if we might want to go to the LSU game...HA!

Kevin is in football mode which means that K2 and I know that if Kevin/Daddy is not working w/ church, he is glued to his TV on Saturdays watching Bama play football and checking out the other teams to make sure they didn't get ahead of Bama! Well for that matter pretty much all afternoon Sunday goes the same way now that we have a DVR! Re-run city! So, when mom called and told us she had tixs, Kevin was on cloud 9 the rest of the week!

The only downside was that this trip to Baton Rouge was a daytrip...argh! We had to be back for Sunday School and church on Sunday so spending the night was out. I had to get up at 4:15am to get ready to meet mom/dad and their friends for the ride to Death Valley! We didn't get home till midnight!

Still, I think that by now most you know that the trip was WELL worth it!! This game was a roller coaster ride and I loved every minute of it as did my hubby! Our team has come a very long way and has a very long way to go if they want to meet National Champ status...but I believe in them...good or bad...I will always be a BAMA girl!
One more note- I did get to see my best bud Lizanne and her always handsome hubby, Stefan at the game!! They are both tiger fans (Stefan-LSU, Lizanne-AU) and hated to see the game swing our way but at least they were nice about it! It was good to see y'all!!!

Roll Tide Roll!

Right after the win! You can tell by my face, I was worn out from that wild game!

Final score of the game!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Leigh! I love your blog! And oh my word - Debbie Gibson!!! Fabulous!

MamaHen said...

Hey Leigh!!! Jill told me you had a blog and I have been waiting for her to send me the link. Tonight after the kids are in bed I'll be checking back and catching up. You have a beautiful little boy. I miss all my Brooke 4th floor friends! I actally saw Cindy the other day!

Stefan, Lizanne and Cade said...

I am enjoying your blog - i just laughed out LOUD when reading about you and Cindy - "tard" - WOW - Brooke Hall blast from the past! And enjoyed seeing y'all at the LSU game as well...you look AWESOME!!!!