I am sure you are all familiar with the song "My Favorite Things" from The Sound of Music. I love that song but I think it's missing a favorite thing or two! This past weekend, the weather was cold and we actually were able to light a fire in our fireplace. I love love love this fireplace and the warmth it had brought to our home over the years as I was a child (we live in the house I grew up in) and now as an adult. The warmth and glow from the fire are felt not only in the air but in our hearts. It just feels like "family" when it's lit. I love it when my husband lights it early in the morning before we I get out of bed b/c I can curl up in my chair next to the fire in my pajamas and stay warm all morning. Tonight, the fire was lit and crackling and suddenly I had a craving for two things: 1. some family time that was fun and different from the ordinary and 2. SMORES! Need I say more??? Two "favorite things" of mine and my son's (he is a big chocoholic)were enjoyed that night next to the fire and here a few pics of the great event! Man am I gonna miss these moments one day!
Kevin, Jr. enjoyed his first bite of smores as you might can see if you look closely on his mouth...

A picture of Kevin, Jr. being a goof ball, his natural disposition...

Kevin, Jr. with his mouth stuffed full of marshmallows...he got tired of waiting for them to be toasted and just started stuffing them in his mouth!
1 comment:
Get him to say fluffy bunny with those marshmellows in his mouth. I can hear him now.
Post a Comment