Tonight, Kevin, Jr. found a Leaps and Bounds catalog that I got in the mail a few weeks ago. I had placed it next to my bed for reading when I had free time, which has never come. Well, K2 had the best time with this catalog. I sat and watched him begin to thumb through the catalog and every other second he was saying, "Mom, look...I want that...I want this..." so I got an idea. I gave him a pen and told him to circle the pictures of things he really wanted Santa Claus to bring him for Christmas. His favorite item in the magazine was a huge ride on Blue Angel jet and costume, of course...he has a MAJOR obsession with dress up right now. Here is a pic of the $300.00 set up...nice, K2...he sure has his daddy's fancy taste for expensive toys...lol!

With the turn of every page, came a gasp and a phrase such as "Wow! I can NOT believe this...I've been waiting for this my whole life...Now that is awesome..." and so on . I'm sure by now you must realize that he practically circled the whole entire catalog. I've never in my life seen my child sit so still with such intent!
I enjoyed watching the pure innocence of Kevin's imagination run wild. I feel sure in his mind, he pictured each and every one of these toys in his hands as he played with them. He truly has pure hope and pure excitement for things. There are days I wish I could go back to that kind of hope and blind thrill. For a moment, I felt that old feeling that I used to get as a child as I would pull out the Sears catalog and begin turning down pages w/ pictures of toys I wanted...and just knowing that Santa would have it all set out nicely under the tree for me on Christmas morning.
I suppose that is one of the neat blessings that God gives us through our children. We get an opportunity to soak in that youthful spirit. We get to catch a glimpse of that complete and utter faith that only a child can have...there are no boundaries...no road blocks...only complete belief.
It makes me think about the kind of faith that God said we must have. "The faith of a child..." is all that is required to experience God's blessings....that's it....no worry of boundaries...no worry of road blocks...only complete belief. We should all take a lesson from my child who simply believed in something and began circling the possibilities. If we could only trust God in this way, imagine the possiblities that God has waiting for us!
Now...I better get out that catalog and take a peek into my 4 year old's mind and see what he just might be dreaming about as he lies here next to me asleep...NIGHT!!













1 comment:
Get that baby that Blue Angel getup that he wants.
Post a Comment